Applications for the 2023-2024 nine-month program will be accepted only from March 1 to March 31, 2023. Applications received before or after those dates will be not be considered. Qualified applicants who are not among the students accepted will be placed on an alternates list and will be notified if a place becomes available. Successful applicants and alternates will be notified by May 1 of 2o23.
At this time we do not know if we will have fewer students again, or return to a full size class. At this point our class will be limited to 18 students. We will create a waiting list also in the event that our class size is allowed to increase. It is hard to predict what the fall will look like, so it will be critical to remain flexible.
Be aware that summer classes will again be offered in June and July of 2023, so sign up early if that is of interest to you. Please go to https://thekrenovschool.org/summer-workshops-2021/ for more details on those classes if you are interested.
Your application should include the following:
– the application form downloaded from the sidebar. Tip: Save the file to your drive and open it Acrobat to enable the fillable sections and digital signature.
– a one-page letter explaining your motivation in applying to the program.
– if you completed the prerequisite, WOD-70A and WOD-70B at Mendocino College, include transcripts.
– if you have not completed the prerequisite course, please fill out the prerequisite challenge for which is included in the application form. Include also a description of your formal qualifications or experience in the field of woodworking. (Note: You will be applying to WOD 80A, section 1800.)
– images of woodworking projects or other related activities, with brief descriptions.
– you may include letters of recommendation (optional).
Paper applications can be delivered in person or mailed to The Krenov School, Fine Woodworking Program, 440 Alger Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437.
Digital applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please format your application to be printed out on 8.5 x 11 paper, which will be done in order to circulate the applications amongst the staff. There is a 20 MB limit to email applications. You should receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application. If you do not, please contact us to make certain that we have received your application.
Your application requires the application form and associated paperwork only. Send no fees until requested.
If you are interested in Cost and Scholarship information please visit that page https://thekrenovschool.org/costs/.