As you all know the Covid pandemic is not ending anytime soon, and together with the administration of Mendocino College, we have decided to proceed with a socially distanced, and thus fewer students in the Fall. We will not be taking new applications for the nine month program starting this August. We understand this is disappointing for those of you who wished to apply this year, but rest assured, we will be here for many years to come, in good shape! We are also running the summer classes in June and July, also for a reduced number of students, so sign up early. Please go to https://thekrenovschool.org/summer-workshops-2021/ for more details on those classes.
Applications for the 2022-2023 nine-month program will be accepted only from March 1 to March 31, 2022. Applications received before or after those dates will be not be considered. Qualified applicants who are not among the 23 students accepted will be placed on an alternates list and will be notified if a place becomes available. Successful applicants and alternates will be notified by May 1, 2022
Your application should include the following:
– the application form downloaded from the sidebar.
– a one-page letter explaining your motivation in applying to the program.
– if you completed the prerequisite, WOD-70A and WOD-70B at Mendocino College, include transcripts.
– if you have not completed the prerequisite course, please fill out the Prerequisite Challenge Form (also included in the application form), and include a description of your formal qualifications or informal experience in the field of woodworking. You will be applying to WOD 80A, section 0280.
– images of woodworking projects or other related activities, with brief descriptions.
– you may include letters of recommendation (optional).
Paper applications can be delivered in person or mailed to The Krenov School, Fine Woodworking Program, 440 Alger Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437.
Digital applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format your application to be printed out on 8.5 x 11 paper, which will be done in order to circulate the applications amongst the staff. There is a 20 MB limit to email applications. You should receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application. If you do not, please contact us to make certain that we have received your application.
Your application requires the application form and associated paperwork only. Send no fees until requested.
If you are interested in Cost and Scholarship information please visit that page https://thekrenovschool.org/costs/.