Applications for the 2019-2020 nine-month program will be accepted only from March 1 to March 31, 2019. Applications received before or after those dates will be not be considered. Qualified applicants who are not among the 23 students accepted will be placed on an alternates list and will be notified if a place becomes available. Successful applicants and alternates will be notified by May 1, 2018.
Your application should include the following:
– the application form downloaded from the sidebar.
– a one-page letter explaining your motivation in applying to the program.
– if you completed the prerequisite, WOD-70A and WOD-70B at Mendocino College, include transcripts.
– if you have not completed the prerequisite course, please fill out the Prerequisite Challenge Form (included in the application form), and include a description of your formal qualifications or informal experience in the field of woodworking. You will be applying to WOD 80A, section 0280.
– images of woodworking projects or other related activities, with brief descriptions.
– you may include letters of recommendation (optional).
Paper applications can be delivered in person or mailed to The Krenov School, Fine Woodworking Program, 440 Alger Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437.
Digital applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please format your application to be printed out on 8.5 x 11 paper, which will be done in order to circulate the applications amongst the staff. There is a 5MB limit to email applications. You will receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application.
Application requires the application form and associated paperwork only. Send no fees until requested.
There are also scholarships available from the Mendocino Foundation, but for various reasons, their application deadline(Early March) occurs before you would even apply to our program. In order to be eligible for those funds, you would need to apply early to become a student of Mendocino College, which is separate from applying to our program. This will allow you to apply for scholarships for the upcoming Fall semester. If you are then awarded a scholarship, but do not make it into our program, the money will be passed on to other students. Contact Katie Fairbairn, Scholarship Coordinator at (707) 467-1018 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.