How to Apply
We will be accepting applications to our nine month program for the fall of 2024 in the month of March 2024.
We are also running the summer classes in June and July, so sign up early. Please go to the summer workshops page for more details on those classes.
Applications for the 2024-2025 nine-month program will be accepted only from March 1 to March 31, 2024. Applications received before or after those dates will be not be considered. Qualified applicants who are not among the 23 students accepted will be placed on an alternates list and will be notified if a place becomes available. Successful applicants and alternates will be notified no later than May 1, 2024
Your application should include the following:
- The application form downloaded from the sidebar or below.
- A one-page letter explaining your motivation in applying to the program.
- If you completed the prerequisite, WOD-70A and WOD-70B at Mendocino College, include transcripts.
- If you have not completed the prerequisite course, please fill out the Prerequisite Challenge Form (also included in the application form), and include a description of your formal qualifications or informal experience in the field of woodworking. You will be applying to WOD 80A, section 0280.
- Images of woodworking projects or other related activities, with brief descriptions.
- You may include letters of recommendation (optional).
Paper applications can be delivered in person or mailed to The Krenov School, Fine Woodworking Program, 440 Alger Street, Fort Bragg CA 95437.
Digital applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please format your application to be a single PDF document, which can be printed onto 8.5 x 11 paper if needed. Mulitple files will not be accepted.
There is a 20 MB limit to email applications. You should receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application. If you do not, please contact us to make certain that we have received your application.
Your application requires the application form and associated paperwork only. Send no fees until requested.
If you are interested in Cost and Scholarship information please visit that page by clicking here.